Save the date: next WorldCat Mashathon set for April 7-8, 2011
06 December 2010
We've heard from lots of people who want a chance to attend a WorldCat Mashathon--or host one. We LOVE to do them, see the results and most importantly meet all the outstanding developers out there in libraryland. So we're happy to announce that the next WorldCat Mashathon will take place Thursday and Friday, April 7-8, 2011. But where, you ask? The lack of a specific location reflects a different approach we're trying out with the next mashathon. It's going to be distributed among several locations. The idea is that this approach will make it easier to participate no matter where you live--and be a test bed to see if your library might want to be a host location in the future. Because this is the first time doing it this way, the Mashathon will be held at the same time in three different OCLC offices:
- Washington, DC
- Columbus, OH
- San Mateo, CA
- We plan to webcast the presentation and hands on activity portions of the mashathon to all locations.
- Participants at each location to have time to work collaboratively on projects together.
- Each location will have members of the Developer Network team there in person to act as hosts and answer questions.
- We'll use chat, IRC, video conference, and webcasting to facilitate communication between participants at all three locations. If a participant has a question that requires a particular person's expertise, then we'll get together virtually.
- Groups will have a chance to present their Mashathon project(s) and we'll webcast the "Show and Tell" wrap-up back to the other locations and the Web at large.
Senior Product Analyst