WorldCat knowledge base API
A read-only service for e-resource discovery and linking. Provides developer-level access to a library's information in the WorldCat knowledge base. The WorldCat knowledge base combines data about your library's econtent with access to it through linking features.
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
What you get
OpenURL requests provide
- Matches for article, journal, or ebook citations to the specific access points for that content available to an individual library
- Links to electronic materials with all appropriate account identifiers. So you can provide access to the content your library subscribes to, in one click.
- Any proxy information necessary to get an end user to full text content
REST request types provide
- An entry point to browse a library's subscription resources
- Browse and search features similar to an A to Z list
Who can use it
Access is available for libraries that use OCLC's WorldCat Knowledge base. Production access is limited to 50,000 requests per day.
Commercial partnerships are also available.