OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan
OCLC is pleased to offer training on WorldShare ILL in a variety of formats designed to meet your needs as you move to the new service. This includes learning via tutorials, recorded training sessions, and web-based, instructor-led sessions. All of our training resources for WorldShare ILL are free to our members with a resource sharing subscription.
The migration from WorldCat Resource Sharing to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan has ended. Archived migration training and resources are still available for reference.
Recorded training courses
The tutorials listed here can show you everything you need to know about WorldShare ILL. Of course, if you prefer instructor-led training, the OCLC training team offers regular WorldShare ILL migration training sessions, with helpful instructors to guide you.
- Create Your WorldShare ILL Account
- Manage and Create User Names in WorldShare ILL
- Creating and Editing Constant Data
- Preparing for Variable Lender Aging in WorldShare ILL
Additional Account Management videos
- Search for, Edit and Disable OCLC Service Accounts
- How to Find a Forgotten Custom Web Address
- How to Replace a Forgotten Password
- How to Manage accounts for Multiple OCLC Symbols
- WorldShare ILL Authorization in WMS
Services for Borrowers and Lenders
Interactive Training Simulations
Practice creating ILL requests by using these interactive, self-paced training simulations. These same simulations are used in the OCLC live, online training courses.
These short videos show you everything you need to know about how to borrow using WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan.
- How to Create a Loan Request
- How to Create a Copy Request
- Using IFM as a Borrower
- Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths
- Receiving Requests
- Renewing Requests
- Responding to Conditionals
- Returning Requests
- New for Review Requests
- Batch Processing Requests
- Purchase Requests
- Open Access Fulfillment
Exceptions when Borrowing
- Batch Processing as a Lender
- Respond Yes to a Loan Request
- Respond Yes to a Copy Request
- Using IFM as a Lender
- Respond No to a Request
- Respond Conditional to a Request
- Respond to a Renewal Request
- Complete and Check-in a Loan request
- Change Request Type
- Open Access Fulfillment
- Set Days to Respond in Policies Directory
Exceptions when Lending
Training for management centers and group libraries
OCLC created an alternative version of the OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan interface for management centers and group member libraries to use for managing requests among one another.
Training for WorldShare ILL borrowing management centers shows management centers and library groups how to use this alternative interface.