Knowing your cooperative
If you're brand new to OCLC, one of the best ways to get to know about our member-driven cooperative is to view the OCLC membership overview.
Getting started with copy cataloging
The first three modules in our Connexion Client series are specifically designed to enable you to get started with copy cataloging. We recommend that you take all three in order:
- Connexion Client Module 1: WorldCat, MARC, and Client Basics
- Connexion Client Module 2: Basic Bibliographic Searching
- Connexion Client Module 3: Basic Editing and Record Processing
The skills you learn in these three classes will help you quickly get up to speed on using WorldCat for your copy cataloging.
If tutorials are more your style, or you want to prepare for these classes, you will get a great foundation from the following tutorials:
- Introduction to MARC tagging
- Connexion Client Overview
- Searching WorldCat
- Editing Bibliographic Records
- Taking Final Actions on Bibliographic Records
Once you've mastered the content in these courses, you're well on your way to being an effective copy cataloger.