OCLC is pleased to offer a variety of Connexion Client training, in both instructor-led and tutorial formats. As part of our commitment to controlling costs and providing value for our members, this training is offered for free to users of the service.
Not sure which training you should take? View the Learning Paths for Connexion Client
- Connexion Client Module 1 - WorldCat, MARC, and Client Basics
- Connexion Client Module 2 - Basic Bibliographic Searching
- Connexion Client Module 3 - Basic Editing and Record Processing
- Connexion Client Module 4 - Save Files, File Management, and Batch Processing
- Connexion Client Module 5 - Automation and Customization
- Connexion Client Module 6 - Editing Master Records
- Connexion Client Module 7 - Advanced Bibliographic Searching
- Connexion Client Module 8 - Original Cataloging
- Connexion Client Module 9 - Authority Control
- Connexion Client Overview
- Searching WorldCat
- How to Use the Local Save File
- Managing Constant Data
- Creating Bibliographic Records
- Metadata Extraction
- Editing Bibliographic Records
- How to Search the Authority Files
- Controlling Headings in Bibliographic Records
- Taking Final Actions on Bibliographic Records
- Institution Records
- SCIPIO records
- Batch Processing
- Non-Latin Script Cataloging
- Introduction to MARC Tagging
Can't find what you're looking for? Have an idea for training? Let us know!
28 May 2013
This online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Client to conduct advanced searches of the WorldCat database.
29 May 2013
This live online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Client to create original records to add to the WorldCat database.
30 May 2013
This live online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Client to perform authority control work within bibliographic records.
03 June 2013
This online module provides basic information about the WorldCat bibliographic database and the MARC record format.
05 June 2013
This online module provides instruction on performing basic bibliographic searches using OCLC’s Connexion Client cataloging software.
06 June 2013
This online course provides instruction on working with MARC bibliographic records in Connexion Client, including using MARC field help, editing MARC records, updating holdings, and exporting MARC records.
25 June 2013
This online module provides instruction on using Connexion Client to perform high volumes of searches and record actions using the efficiency of batch processing, including the use and management of Save Files.
26 June 2013
This online module provides instruction on the use of Connexion Client’s tools for automation and customization.