WorldCat Cataloging Partners: Prepare for Your Transition
In this webinar, participants learned how OCLC is helping streamline cataloging workflows by integrating functionality from a number of different cataloging services into WorldShare Collection Manager.
OCLC is helping streamline cataloging workflows by integrating functionality from a number of different cataloging services into WorldShare Collection Manager. OCLC is transitioning WorldCat Cataloging Partners (WCP) into Collection Manager. This change will provide your institution with a number of additional capabilities as part of your Cataloging Subscription, including:
- Additional record customization options, including the ability to reuse fields and subfields and greater flexibility in deleting fields from records
- More record output formats, including Unicode UTF-8, MARCXML, Dublin Core and MODS
- Record output in separate files with customizable names
The current service to manage WCP will be discontinued on 1 May 2016.
To aid you in this change, we provided a free webinar on 26 January 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST (US) and 8:00 p.m. EST (US) and a webinar on 27 January 2016 at 2:00 p.m. EST (US) as an opportunity to address questions you may have had related to this change.
In this webinar, we discussed how to:
- Create a WorldShare account (if you don’t already have one)
- Sign into your WorldShare interface
- Add Collection Manager to your WorldShare account
- Set up your WCP profiles in Collection Manager
- Enable MARC record delivery for WCP titles
- Define record editing and delivery options for your WCP titles
2:00 下午 – 3:00 下午
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]