Social Networking tools with WorldCat
The WorldCat Facebook application provides access to WorldCat searches and user-created lists from personalized pages within a Facebook account.
The application includes a home screen with the WorldCat search box, as well as quick links to WorldCat searches based on topics listed in a Facebook profile as personal interests. The application also includes:
- Automatic suggestions, based on a user’s listed interests on Facebook
- a "Something to Read" panel that displays books recently added to WorldCat lists
- a "Favorite WorldCat Lists" panel where users track their own lists or those of other WorldCat users
- a built-in advanced WorldCat search
- a panel that allows users to invite other Facebook friends to install WorldCat
WorldCat CiteMe application
Another application for Facebook, CiteMe, delivers automatic formatted citations from WorldCat from right within the user’s profile. Style options include APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA and Turabian. Plus there are nifty little buttons so users can “View all editions” or “Find in a library” on the WorldCat.org site.
Like and Become a Fan of WorldCat on Facebook
WorldCat also has a Page on Facebook. Follow all of the latest news and information, with links to blog entries, events, web seminars and new features--all geared for the library end-user.
WorldCat on Twitter
Now you can also follow all of the latest developments with WorldCat.org on Twitter, and give your feedback to WorldCat.org staff on how you think its working, what you’d like to see improved and when you want to celebrate your WorldCat.org-inspired reference successes.
A Google gadget for WorldCat is also available. If you have a Google account, add the Google gadget for WorldCat to your iGoogle page to get the world’s library results right in your favorite browser.