OCLC EZproxy: An Overview
This overview explains what EZproxy is and what it does. It shows a high-level of how EZproxy connects remote & local users to a library’s Web server. It also has detailed diagrams of how the EZproxy connects remote users as well as users inside your firewall.
How to use this tutorial
OCLC's tutorials are a useful tool for understanding the functionality our products. They can help you learn a new service, teach a new staff member how to use a service, and can also prepare you with basic knowledge about a service prior to taking one of our instructor-led courses.
System requirements for Flash-based tutorials:
- Adobe Flash Player version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- Best viewed in 1024x768 screen resolution or higher.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later for for Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- IE10 for the Desktop for Windows 8; not supported on Windows 8 Metro version
- Mozilla Firefox 17 or later
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Opera 11 or higher
- Safari (latest version)
- 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
- For other browsers and operating systems, check the list of system requirements on the Adobe Web site.
If using Chrome or Firefox, be certain your browser's settings allow Flash to run. See the following articles: