Top 10 Witch Stories
Are these books enchanting? Or enchanted???
OK, it's not a surprise to learn that Harry Potter dominates this category for modern fiction. Since we assume most of you have read or are at least familiar with the Harry Potter series, here are the Top 10 Witch Fiction Books excluding Harry Potter.
This is the fourth list in our feature, 5 Lists for Halloween: Monsters Battle to Rule Libraries, which showcases a different monster list each week, followed by a monster war at the end of the month to reveal which monster rules the library!
- Hansel and Gretel by Jacob Grimm (eBook)
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola
- Rapunzel retold and illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky (eBook)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
- The Witches by Roald Dahl
- The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
- Wicked : the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
- The Witches of Eastwick by John Updike
This list was generated using WorldCat Fiction Finder on 21 October 2014. The list order is based on the number of OCLC member libraries that hold a given title. Fiction Finder is an all fiction subset of OCLC WorldCat.
WorldCat is the world's largest and most comprehensive catalog of library resources from around the world, with more than 314 million bibliographic records that represent more than 2 billion items held by participating libraries, including books, movies, music, e-books, licensed databases, online periodicals, digital collections and more. Because of its scale, WorldCat can be used to represent a large part of the scholarly and cultural record.
^ Image © Emma Goetz
Used with permission