If you're attending the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando, we invite you to attend the OCLC Research Update on Monday, 27 June from 10:30 – 11:30 am at the Orange County Convention Center Room S320 A-C.
The agenda includes:
- OCLC Research Consulting Project Manager Eric Childress will provide a quick overview of current OCLC Research highlights.
- Program Officer Jackie Dooley will provide an update on work evaluating existing and emerging approaches to descriptive metadata for archived websites.
- Program Officer Dennis Massie will brief the audience on progress with the ILL Cost Calculator, a Web-based tool that will allow library administrators and practitioners to better understand the costs of sharing collections.
- Senior Program Officer Karen Smith-Yoshimura will review newly-completed analysis of data from OCLC’s second International Linked Data Survey for Implementers focusing on specific projects or services that format metadata as linked data and/or make subsequent uses of it.
- WebJunction Director Sharon Streams will use the example of our recently completed Supercharged Storytimes project to demonstrate how academic research can be translated into library practice.
Register to attend this and other OCLC sessions at ALA Annual 2016 in Orlando. We hope to see you there!