If you're attending the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando, we invite you to attend the OCLC Research Update on Monday, 27 June from 10:30 – 11:30 am at the Orange County Convention Center Room S320 A-C.
The agenda includes:
- OCLC Research Consulting Project Manager Eric Childress will provide a quick overview of current OCLC Research highlights.
- Program Officer Jackie Dooley will provide an update on work evaluating existing and emerging approaches to descriptive metadata for archived websites.
- Program Officer Dennis Massie will brief the audience on progress with the ILL Cost Calculator, a Web-based tool that will allow library administrators and practitioners to better understand the costs of sharing collections.
- Senior Program Officer Karen Smith-Yoshimura will review newly-completed analysis of data from OCLC’s second International Linked Data Survey for Implementers focusing on specific projects or services that format metadata as linked data and/or make subsequent uses of it.
- WebJunction Director Sharon Streams will use the example of our recently completed Supercharged Storytimes project to demonstrate how academic research can be translated into library practice.