Managing the Collective Collection
Objective: To understand, prepare for, and help advance libraries, archives, and museums in more profoundly cooperative models of acquiring, managing, and disclosing collections
Modeling New Service Infrastructures
Objective: Derive and demonstrate the processes, structures and prototypes implicit in other themes as they emerge. Help libraries, archives, and museums achieve a common understanding of the processes for which they should be responsible, demonstrate these new frameworks through prototypes, and enable them through open source code and architectures.
Total programs: 5
Total projects: 16
Collaborative activities in this domain are organized into the following programs:
- Shared Print Collections
- Data-Mining for Management Intelligence and New Services
- Museum Collection Sharing
- Library, Archive and Museum Collaboration
- Effectively Disclose Archives and Special Collections
- Public/Private Mass Digitization Resources
- Related blog postings by OCLC Programs and Research staff on HangingTogether.