OCLC EMEA Regional Council and Global Council Candidates Announced at Regional Council Meeting!
During this week’s EMEA Regional Council Meeting in Cape Town, the EMEA Regional Council and Global Council candidates were announced to delegates before the ballot opened on the 26th February.
EMEA has 10 delegates to represent the region at OCLC Global Council. This year 2 of our existing delegates will complete their terms, leaving 2 open positions. In most years, there are seats open to represent a specific country or type of library. Those designated seats are all filled with incumbent delegates, so this year, the open positions will be for delegates from countries not currently represented.
OCLC EMEA Regional Council Executive Committee and Global Council Candidates
The five chosen candidates are:
- Mohamed Mubarak, Senior Librarian, Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies, Qatar
- Ulf-Göran Nilsson, Library Director, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Vanessa Middleton, Head Librarian, Petroleum Institute University and Research Center, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Guy Cobolet, Directeur, Bibliothèque Interuniversitaire de Santé Paris, France
- Amada Marcos Blazquez, Head Librarian, IE, Spain
All votes must be submitted by the 31st March 2014. Voting representatives (there is only one voting representative per qualified OCLC member institution) will shortly receive an e-mail invitation to vote. The email contains a unique username and password, plus the URL you need to cast your vote online.
The results will be announced during the Global Council Meeting to be held in Dublin, Ohio, USA, on 10 April 2014, and a news release will be issued shortly after that date. If you have any questions regarding the EMEARC elections process, please send an e-mail to Dorien Hooman, Legal Director and Secretary.