This means initiation of new requests in WorldCat Resource Sharing will not end on April 14 as previously announced.
Most OCLC ILL members are now actively using the WorldShare ILL service, and OCLC is monitoring progress of approximately 900 WorldCat Resource Sharing libraries not yet using the new service.
*****REASONS TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSITION TO WORLDSHARE ILL TODAY*****
REMINDER: ILLiad users do not need to make any changes to your ILL workflow.
ILL staff using WorldShare regularly let us know which new features they like most. Here is the “Top 10” list of reasons to use WorldShare ILL:
- 15-library lender string saves staff time and increases fill rates.
- Integration of lender Days to Respond means I no longer need to manually track Enter My Symbol Twice (EMST) libraries.
- Integrated Article Exchange workflow improves the upload process.
- Easy-to-see Alerts tell me when a document has been delivered via Article Exchange.
- OPAC links for borrowers reduce requests for items available in my library.
- OPAC links for lenders means locating requested items in my library is faster.
- Viewing lender charges and use of IFM in holdings displays help me quickly choose the best lenders.
- Customized book strap lets me print my library’s logo and include a note to the requestor.
- As a lender, I can save the Local ID field before printing a request so I can retrieve materials quickly from library shelves.
- Open access links to freely available materials let me deliver no-cost materials to my users quickly.
Need help getting started?