OCLC Resource Sharing User Group Meeting at ALA Annual 2021 Virtual
As we move forward together, learn how your library can move faster!
Cet évènement est sur demande.
Hosted by Peter Collins, Director of Resource Sharing for OCLC, this virtual session featured ILL professionals from Agnes Scott College, Augustana College, and Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. They shared how they achieve fast turnaround times, as well as tips and best practices.
Based on the meeting presentations and new OCLC smart fulfillment capabilities, we’ve put together a list of key ways your library can become a faster lender:
- Adopt excellence and customer service mindsets.
- Make a conscious effort to respond quickly to requests.
- Develop communication among ILL staff and stagger your work schedules.
- Ensure holdings are up to date and accurate in WorldCat. Delete items your library no longer holds using WorldShare Record Manager.
- Leverage the integrations with the WorldCat knowledge base.
- Request OCLC's real-time availability.
- Set up an automation or two using Automated Request Manager.
- Implement routines, but be flexible.
- Develop effective training for all staff, including backup staff.
- Regularly evaluate policy and don’t be afraid to revise.
- Schedule closures (set to nonsupplier) for times when efficient lending is not possible.
- Monitor your library's turnaround times by checking your average monthly turnaround times in the Lender Activity Overview Report, available in OCLC Usage Statistics.