The value of a FirstSearch and WorldCat Discovery subscription for academic libraries
A 60-minute refresher on how to use the WorldCat access included in your current FirstSearch/WorldCat Discovery subscription.
Cet événement est terminé.
During this webinar you will refresh your knowledge of the WorldCat searching through FirstSearch and WorldCat Discovery available through your subscription that gives you:
- Access to WorldCat, the world’s most comprehensive database of information about library collections, through two interfaces
- Precision searching required by library staff and expert searchers in FirstSearch to quickly identify known items and resources on nearly any topic
- General searching of WorldCat and a broad central index of licensed content collections through WorldCat Discovery, to help people find resources in all formats and languages in your library and thousands of libraries across the state or around the world
- The ability to get needed items with availability details for items in your library’s library collections, links to online resources, and user-initiated ILL requests for items not available locally
- Visibility on the web on WorldCat.org from search engines and popular websites such as Google Scholar, Wikipedia, and Google Books, where users typical start their searches, if your collections are also represented in WorldCat through an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata subscription
15 janvier 2020
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]