Libraries of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland! Share your story at the OCLC EMEA Regional Council meeting in Berlin!
Are you working in a library in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland? This is the chance to share your thoughts with us. On 21 and 22 February 2017, OCLC will hold its annual EMEA Regional Council Meeting in Berlin. To follow each year’s tradition, we have organised a series of 5 lightning talks. The lightning talks will take place on Tuesday 21 February.
How will the Lightning Talks work?
We invite you to submit a proposal for a 5 minute lightning talk reflecting on this year’s topic: Libraries at the Crossroads, Resolving identities. Here are a few ideas of talks we would love to have that focus on the many aspects of our theme as it relates to identity.
- Is your library spreading its identity through social media, tell us about your innovative social media projects;
- Are you using data to predict peak business hours, popular services or even to introduce recommendations based on previous usage data – we want to hear how data is driving new service models in your library;
- Digital literacy skills are vital for all citizens – how is your library helping your community to become more digitally savvy?
- How is the identity of your collection changing and what steps are you taking to re-educate your community about everything your library now has to offer?
The proposal should consist of no more than 150 words in English, describing a project or program you are working on either in your library or within your community.
The Executive Committee of OCLC EMEA Regional Council will consider all proposals and contact you by 25 January. We will waive the conference fee for the selected speakers (please note that we cannot subsidise travel and accommodation). An audience of over 350 people will vote for the best talk and the winner will receive a prize.
Please send us your inspiring stories, so that we can share them with an audience of librarians from Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Fill in the form before 22 January. We look forward to hearing your stories!
For further queries please contact Julie Seuront, OCLC EMEA Member Advocate.
Registration for the OCLC EMEA Regional Council Annual Conference is now open
Tuesday 21 February 2017
- Conference Day One
- Conference Dinner
Wednesday 22 February 2017
- Conference Day Two
Thursday 23 February 2017
- Product Day (limited spaces)