WorldCat Cataloging Partners: Prepare for Your Transition
OCLC is helping streamline cataloging workflows by integrating functionality from a number of different cataloging services into WorldShare Collection Manager.
Este evento ya pasó.
OCLC is helping streamline cataloging workflows by integrating functionality from a number of different cataloging services into WorldShare Collection Manager. OCLC is transitioning WorldCat Cataloging Partners (WCP) into Collection Manager. This change will provide your institution with a number of additional capabilities as part of your Cataloging Subscription, including:
• Additional record customization options, including the ability to reuse fields and subfields and greater flexibility in deleting fields from records
• More record output formats, including Unicode UTF-8, MARCXML, Dublin Core and MODS
• Record output in separate files with customizable names
The current service to manage WCP will be discontinued on 1 May 2016.
To aid you in this change, we are providing a free webinar on 26 January 2016 at 10:00 a.m. EST (US) and 8:00 p.m. EST (US) and a webinar on 27 January 2016 at 2:00 p.m. EST (US) as an opportunity to address questions you may have related to this change.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
• Create a WorldShare account (if you don’t already have one)
• Sign into your WorldShare interface
• Add Collection Manager to your WorldShare account
• Set up your WCP profiles in Collection Manager
• Enable MARC record delivery for WCP titles
• Define record editing and delivery options for your WCP titles
26 enero 2016
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]