Use WorldShare Collection Manager to Manage WorldCat Cataloging Partners
As a follow up to our announcement in December, 2015, OCLC is transitioning WorldCat Cataloging Partners (WCP) into Collection Manager.
Este evento ya pasó.
This change will provide your institution with a number of additional capabilities, including
- additional record customization options, including the ability to reuse fields and subfields and greater flexibility in deleting fields from records;
- more record output formats, including Unicode UTF-8, MARCXML, Dublin Core and MODS; and
- record output in separate files with customizable names.
The current service to manage WCP will be discontinued on 1 May 2016.
To aid you in this transition, webinars will be held on 29 February 2016 at 10:00 AM EST (US) and 4PM EST (US). Please note that if you are unable to attend the webinar at either of these times, we encourage you to register so you receive the webinar materials when they are provided to webinar registrants.
In these webinars you will learn how to:
- Create a WorldShare account (if you don’t already have one)
- Sign into your WorldShare interface
- Add Collection Manager to your WorldShare account
- Set up your WCP profiles in Collection Manager
- Enable MARC record delivery for WCP titles
- Define record editing and delivery options for your WCP titles
29 febrero 2016
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Eastern Standard Time, North America [UTC -5]