Partnership opportunities for content providers
Join other publishers such as Elsevier, H.W. Wilson, MLA and Gale to reach millions of librarians and information seekers worldwide. Simply contact us to get the conversation started.
An OCLC partnership can help:
- Make your content more visible. We make sure that information about your published works is easier to discover—through search engines, social networking sites, online booksellers, mobile views—as well as our own WorldCat.org destination site and its customizable view, WorldCat Local.
- Increase your reach through consolidated access. We can index your metadata through WorldCat.org or in a central index that drives discovery of all content for WorldCat Local libraries. Either way, researchers will find your content more easily and use it more often. This in turn drives library renewals and add-on purchases.
- Expand your customer base. Chances are, we share customers. You sell content to libraries. OCLC services connect information seekers to that content. Library directors and staff monitor usage of their content, so they see how your work and ours benefits their users.
- People find your published works. We help library users search, discover and deliver content when, where and how they need it—which is increasingly 24/7 and via the Web. Our discovery tools—WorldCat Local and WorldCat.org—make it easy for information seekers to discover your content, regardless of the format—print, electronic or digital.
- Make your metadata move your content. For a streamlined, efficient approach to your supply chain, our metadata services group can enhance and supplement your ONIX title information. For direct sales to libraries, our cataloging services group can create library records in MARC format for you, providing a fully integrated content offering.
There are two main ways to partner with OCLC around content:
OCLC partners with the world's leading publishers to provide libraries and their users with anytime, anywhere access to content in the form of full text articles, databases, journals, archives, repositories and more. Learn more about how we can help your content be discovered through WorldCat services.
OCLC cataloging and metadata services add value to content in all formats. Learn how you can reduce costs, streamline workflows and automate acquisitions by partnering with OCLC.
What is WorldCat?
OCLC is the steward of WorldCat, the world's largest bibliographic database. With more than 200 million bibliographic records and details on 1.6 billion items in libraries worldwide, WorldCat powers many library services.
WorldCat is also on the Web, thanks in part to strategic partnerships with Google, Google Books and Yahoo! Search—where more than 2 million unique visitors/month see which libraries have what content, and access it online if possible.