New profiled group CCOV joins ACOV and BCOV
It's as easy as A, B, C...
Just as you currently use the ACOV and BCOV profiled groups, you can now also use the new CCOV group to build lender strings of libraries that are able to ship and receive materials from their physical collections during the COVID-19 crisis.
- ACOV: Libraries supplying electronic documents during the COVID-19 crisis
- BCOV: Libraries supplying e-books during the COVID-19 crisis
- CCOV: Libraries supplying physical collection during COVID-19 crisis
The groups are updated weekly, and a PDF that lists the OCLC symbols for each group (as well as the libraries that also participate in LVIS) is posted here.
The new CCOV group was built from the Physical ILL Return and Lending Status map based on libraries that have reported being open to receive and ship physical items.
- To check the status of your library and other libraries, go to the map.
- To update the status of your library, go to oc.lc/mailform.
The ACOV and BCOV lists are based on the status submitted for your library with this form, and you can use this same form to update your status.
As a reminder, you can use the profiled groups to build lender strings.
- When viewing a list of holding libraries in WorldShare ILL, Tipasa, or ILLiad, filter by Profiled Group (e.g., CCOV).
- In the OCLC Policies Directory, search by Group Symbol (e.g., CCOV) to identify a list of symbols in the group and copy/paste them into a Custom Holdings Group that you maintain.
For more information on how to make best use of these profiled groups, view this video tutorial. (Login to the OCLC Community Center is required.)
A special thank you to the SHARES group for suggesting the addition of CCOV!
Your Resource Sharing Team