WorldShare ILL and Tipasa updates make it easier to find electronic resources
The WorldCat knowledge base’s exact coverage will now display in the ILL staff interface
Starting on 22 June, WorldShare Interlibrary Loan and Tipasa users will be able to easily view more detailed holdings information, enabling borrowers to quickly find needed electronic resources.
To help save time, the WorldCat knowledge base’s exact coverage will display in the ILL staff interface, and you will be able to filter the holding lenders’ list to only those libraries that hold a particular issue.
- To help eliminate clicks and save you time, the WorldCat knowledge base’s exact coverage will display in the ILL staff interface. The Holdings column will show a summary statement of issues held by a library. For electronic serials, there will be a knowledge base summary with the exact coverage statement from the WorldCat knowledge base displayed here. For print serials, there will be a Local Holding Record (LHR) summary, which gives you an idea of what is held. Remember, if your library uses OCLC’s WorldCat knowledge base, your library’s holdings will appear.
- You will be able to quickly filter the holding lenders’ list to only those libraries that hold a particular issue. After filtering, the system will sort the holdings into three categories:
- Libraries that hold the desired year
- Libraries that only hold at the title level
- Libraries that do not hold the desired year
These enhancements will help you to identify lenders more quickly and save you a number of clicks, which should have a positive impact on your library's turnaround time.
More about the WorldCat knowledge base. In order to use the WorldCat knowledge base to setup and maintain e-resource holdings, your library needs an OCLC cataloging subscription. To request access and get the knowledge base set up, please contact OCLC Customer Support.