Important Update about ILLiad and Tipasa
News from OCLC and Atlas Systems
OCLC and Atlas Systems have a long-standing partnership, and both companies are focused on putting library needs first. As a result, in addition to continuing the rapid development of Tipasa, the industry’s first cloud-based ILL management system, OCLC and Atlas Systems have decided to continue to develop ILLiad for the library community.
Tipasa will continue to evolve to meet the needs of more and more of the community, with the goal of becoming the preferred solution for ILL workflow management.
The latest enhancements for Tipasa include WorldShare Management Services OPAC integration in lending, WorldShare Acquisitions integration, bulk patron deletes, and patron data retention. In December, we will release staff notes and UI changes for easier purchase workflows. You can review the current Tipasa roadmap on the ILLiad to Tipasa Community Center for more information.
Atlas will also continue to provide periodic updates to the ILLiad software. ILLiad 9.0, which is scheduled for release Nov 26, 2018, will include:
- Security Enhancements
- FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) can now be enabled
- Password changes for basic authentication and staff passwords include updated hashing, expiration, and complexity options
- Patrons using basic authentication (and staff) will be prompted to update their password upon login after ILLiad 9.0 update
- SymphonyAPI authentication is now available for ILLiad authentication using SIRSI Symphony
- New look and feel for the ILLiad client with choices for additional interface styles
- Many bug fixes
Visit https://support.atlas-sys.com to see the Release Notes and an ILLiad 9.0 FAQ.
We are committed to impactful collaboration and integrating your input into Tipasa and ILLiad development plans. We will also work with you to understand your library’s specific needs and identify the best time for you to choose Tipasa.
If you would like to discuss this announcement or have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.