The July 2017 release for CONTENTdm is now live, and it further improves the redesigned end-user interface for CONTENTdm. The CONTENTdm responsive website adapts to any screen size and has significant usability, performance and accessibility improvements. The responsive website is production-ready and is now the default end-user website for more than 30 active CONTENTdm users.
This release contains several additional improvements to the responsive website:
- Fully custom homepage option, so you have the tools to create the best first impression
- Metadata and transcript text display enhancements to improve accessibility and usability
- Metadata wrapping improvements so that words are not split across lines
- HTTPS as default protocol to encrypt log-ins and improve end-user privacy and security
- Accessibility improvements and bug fixes
For more details about this release, see the CONTENTdm Release Notes page.
Note: The responsive website exists alongside current 6.x CONTENTdm websites. Public URLs will default to version 6.x websites until you request to make the switch. Nothing in 6.x is changing in this release. When you are ready for your end users to start using the new responsive website, you will need to contact OCLC Support to schedule the upgrade.