WorldCat Discovery changes simplify access to online resources and library ownership information
January WorldCat Discovery changes will help users more easily get the resources they identify in search results.
Records now display library ownership and availability information together, so searchers can more quickly determine how to obtain needed items. Links to materials available electronically appear first, so users can conveniently connect directly with available online resources. For items not available online, users can view a list of libraries that own an item, with the closest libraries appearing first.
Additional data in emailed records
Emailed lists of records now contain the following information (newly added data indicated in bold).
- Title (now hotlinked)
- Format, Date, Peer Reviewed
- Source (Journal name and information)
- Publication information
- OCLC Number
- Database Name
- Call Number and Shelving Location (for libraries with the Availability option only)
Additional details about January 2016 WorldCat Discovery enhancements is provided in WorldCat Discovery Release Notes January 2016.
New content added to WorldCat Discovery
Available in WorldCat Discovery, WorldCat Local and WorldCat.org:
- International Law & World Order: Weston’s & Carlson’s Basic Documents from Brill
- LUP Publications from Liverpool University Press
- Theological Research Exchange Network E-Documents from Theological Research Exchange Network
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences XIV Collection from JSTOR
- Schattauer Publishers from Schattauer
Available in WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat Local:
- Popular Medicine in America, 1800-1900 from Adam Matthew Digital
A complete list of databases in the central index can be downloaded form http://oc.lc/indexDiscovery (Excel, 962 KB).