ALA Annual 2021
Join OCLC online at ALA Annual 2021 for scheduled and on-demand sessions.
This event has passed.
ALA Annual registrants are invited to join a panel discussion on museum/public library partnerships during public health crises and variety of on-demand video presentations. The on-demand presentations include:
- Data-driven fulfillment delivers digital resources faster, a presentation on how OCLC’s smart fulfillment functionality helps libraries optimize ILL workflows and achieve much faster ILL turnaround
- Create library experiences inspired by your community, which explains how OCLC Wise and OCLC’s Capira products make it easy to create more personalized community engagement experiences at public libraries
- The modern print collection: Innovate to evaluate and evolve, covering innovative ways that academic libraries can leverage collection insights to demonstrate value and make confident collection management decisions
- Reimagining description for libraries, archives, and special collections: An anti-racist approach, first shared at ACRL, explains what OCLC is doing (assisted by a Mellon Foundation grant) to help libraries reimagine descriptive practices to move away from outdated and harmful terminology
- Wikipedia shaming: Authority dilemmas across educational stages, which presents findings from OCLC Research that suggest reconsideration of the value of Wikipedia as a resource for research
- OCLC Research update: Convening, understanding, and sharing, which previews work in progress and highlights recent findings, tools, and information resources produced by OCLC Research to help library staff influence positive change in libraries and librarianship
REALM discussion panel on museum and public library partnerships will be held on Thursday, June 24, from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm, Central Daylight Time (North America). This panel will feature museum staff who have partnered with their local libraries and discussion about how those partnerships can help during public health crises.
All of these events, including the on-demand videos, are searchable on the ALA Annual Virtual Conference Scheduler.
23 June 2021
29 June 2021