EZproxy® authentication and access software at a glance
EZproxy helps provide users with remote access to Web-based licensed content offered by libraries. It is an easy-to-setup and easy-to-maintain program. More than 4,000 institutions in over 60 countries have purchased EZproxy software.
- The industry leading, robust middleware solution for remote user authentication
- It connects to a large number of content providers (including OCLC FirstSearch, EBSCO, Gale, etc.)
- It connects to a wide variety of authentication services (including LDAP, SIP, and Shibboleth) which reduces the number of authorizations/passwords and provides a better end-user experience
- An easy to setup and easy to maintain program
- EZproxy works by dynamically altering the URLs within the Web pages provided by your database vendor. The server names within the URLs of these Web pages are changed to reflect your EZproxy server instead, causing your users to return to the EZproxy server as they access links on these Web pages. The result is a seamless access environment for your users without the need for automatic proxy configuration files. EZproxy only alters references to your database vendors' Web pages, so if your database vendor provides additional links to other free Web pages on the Internet, these are left as-is. In this manner, if your users elect to follow one of these links, the EZproxy server is automatically taken out of the communication loop.
- EZproxy maintains a standard Web server log file of usage. Using standard Web log analysis tools, you can evaluate which databases are being used remotely and use these statistics to help justify your budget requests for database licensing.
EZproxy is available for servers running:
- Solaris (x86)
- Windows (2003, 2008, XP, XP Professional and 7)
Use EZproxy to provide easy access to your eContent.