Submit an identifer such as an ISBN, ISSN, or OCLC Number to this service, and it returns a list of related identifiers and selected metadata.
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: No
What you get
- Basic metadata about the object
- A list of other editions
- Fixes Checksum with ISBN and ISSN
- For monographs,
- a list of other editions
- Information about availability of fulltext from Open Content Alliance and/or Hathi Trust
- For Serials
- all the forms related to a given ISSN
- all the related ISSNs including other editions as well as preceding and succeeding ISSNs
- raw coverage
- the linking ISSN (ISSNL)
- whether or not the item is peer reviewed
- table of Contents RSS feed
- Converts between 10 and 13 digit ISBNs
- Adds hyphens to ISBN
Who can use it
Sandbox access of 1000 queries/day is available to anyone. Production access is available for libraries that subscribe to Cataloging. Libraries need to request production level access be setup.
Commercial partnerships are also available.
Authentication & Authorization
xID uses IP authentication and token based authentication for production level access.