WorldCat knowledge base API
A read-only service for e-resource discovery and linking. Provides developer-level access to a library's information in the WorldCat knowledge base. The WorldCat knowledge base combines data about your library's econtent with access to it through linking features.
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
What you get
OpenURL requests provide
- Matches for article, journal, or ebook citations to the specific access points for that content available to an individual library
- Links to electronic materials with all appropriate account identifiers. So you can provide access to the content your library subscribes to, in one click.
- Any proxy information necessary to get an end user to full text content
REST request types provide
- An entry point to browse a library's subscription resources
- Browse and search features similar to an A to Z list
Who can use it
Access is available for libraries that use OCLC's WorldCat Knowledge base. Production access is limited to 50,000 requests per day.
Commercial partnerships are also available.
Authentication & Authorization
The WorldCat Knowledge base API API supports the WSKey Lite pattern.