OCLC cataloging community meeting
This virtual community event provides an opportunity to hear about important work by community members and learn about OCLC cataloging and metadata services.
Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
The next session in this semi-annual virtual event series will offer an update on past event topics and ample opportunity for interaction with cataloging community speakers and OCLC staff. We'll start by discussing the essential work happening to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in library metadata. Next, we'll provide updates on OCLC cataloging tools, including linked data services. And then, we'll cover some new and ongoing WorldCat quality enhancement initiatives.
We encourage live attendees to participate throughout the event. We will also record the full event for later viewing.
Presentations will include:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Collaboration, successes, and challenges in the African American SACO funnel by Staci Ross, Cataloging/Metadata Librarian at University of Pittsburgh, and Michelle Cronquist, Special Collections Cataloger at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Reimagine descriptive workflows: A vision for anti-racist and reparative description practices by Merrilee Proffitt, Senior Manager, OCLC Research Library Partnership at OCLC
- Scaling inclusive description training and practices by Keila Zayas Ruiz, Sunshine State Digital Network Coordinator at Florida State University
OCLC cataloging and metadata services updates
- Updates from OCLC staff on cataloging and metadata services
- Shh!!! The WorldCat holdings update secret—exposed! by Denise Sandell, Electronic Resources & Collections Librarian at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
WorldCat quality updates by the OCLC metadata quality team
- Brief updates on FAST, BFAS, encoding level transition, retrospective heading enrichment, and more
03 Juni 2022
2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]