OCLC Cataloging Community Meeting
A virtual OCLC Cataloging Community Meeting
Please join us on 15 January 2021 from 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm EST for our virtual OCLC Cataloging Community Meeting to hear cataloging members discuss current cataloging trends and to hear cataloging updates from OCLC staff. This session continues the conversation from the successful June 2020 session and expands prior Expert Cataloging Community Sessions at ALA Annual and Midwinter.
Questions and comments may be posed during the presentation in chat. We’ll also look forward to continuing conversations in the OCLC Community Center following this session.
The event will be recorded. All registrants will receive a link to the recording via email after the event.
Integrating Collection Manager’s WorldCat cataloging partner collections into your workflow to better manage your GOBI print materials workflows
- Shannon Burke, Coordinator of Monograph and Automated Acquisitions, Texas A&M University Libraries
- Charles Hillen, Director of Library Technical Services, GOBI Library Solutions
- Kim Wiljanen, Library Assistant, Michigan State University
Incorporating subject headings for Indigenous peoples of North America
- Stacy Allison-Cassin, PhD, Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto
- Adolfo R. Tarango, Head, UBC Library Technical Services; Acting Head, Asian Library, The University of British Columbia
Using Connexion macros to automate workflows
- Casey A. Mullin, Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services, Associate Professor, Western Washington University Libraries
Updates on OCLC shared entity management infrastructure
- John Chapman, Senior Product Manager, Metadata Services
OCLC cataloging news & updates
- Jay Weitz, Senior Consulting Database Specialist and the rest of Metadata Quality
- Questions from the audience