CONFIRMED: WorldShare Collection Manager Release
Release documentation is available
This event has passed.
A new release of WorldShare® Collection Manager is scheduled to be installed on 10 September 2021.
This release provides libraries with new Collection Manager and knowledge base functionality, including:
- Exciting updates to the Collection Manager interface, including cleaner and more intuitive menus, preview screens, and an expanded Activity History
- Greater clarity regarding which knowledge base changes can be customized for your library and what changes will be made globally for all libraries
- The ability to view collection changes more easily in Activity History
- Faster access to cooperative knowledge base changes.
Many of the enhancements apply to WorldCat knowledge base collections as well as titles. No changes were made to data sync collections or query collections
These enhancements are in large part the direct result of the community's feedback.
Release Notes, Guide, and training video:
- Release notes has been posted on the OCLC WorldShare Collection Manager release notes page.
- To prepare, please visit the Collection Manager release notes area of the website and see the WorldCat knowledge base re-architecture release guide. Learn about the new features and enhancements, find information about how OCLC will migrate library data, and see highlighted sections with tips for your workflows.
- Working with WorldCat knowledge base collections (7:40) video
Install date and time:
- Details have been posted on the OCLC WorldShare Collection Manager dashboard page.
Join the Collection Manager team on 26 August for details on new Collection Manager features and the WorldCat knowledge base re-architecture installation.
- WorldShare Collection Manager Release Update Session
Date: 26 August 2021
Time: 10:00 am – 11:00 am EDT (UTC -4)
This virtual event recording and slides have been posted in the Collection Manager Community. All registrants will be sent a link to the recording after the event.
We are offering weekly sessions around this release. See the Community Center Collection Manager Events page upcoming dates and times.
10 September 2021
12 September 2021