OCLC Local Holdings Maintenance
Item-specific records for your collection
- WorldCat Local Holdings Records conform to the MARC 21 Format for Holdings Data
- Maintaining Local Holdings Records provides information about your detailed holdings as well as lending and reproduction policies, enabling institutions to target resource sharing requests
- Deflection policies set in Local Holdings Records are used by WorldCat Resource Sharing to deflect requests.
Libraries use the Local Holdings Maintenance service to maintain accurate, current holdings information and to create Local Holdings Records that enable them to share detailed holdings information with library staff, users, and other libraries. By providing your library's detailed holdings information for materials in any format, including serials, the service supports resource sharing, collection development, and acquisitions activities .
How it works
- Use the Connexion browser to add local holdings at the same time you catalog an item.
- You can also use OCLC’s Batchload Service to upload your local holdings records in batch.