Getting started with WorldShare Metadata Collection Manager
WorldShare Metadata is available to any library with a full OCLC Cataloging subscription. To get started with Collection Manager, complete the request form.
Log in to your library's OCLC WorldShare interface (Using Mozilla Firefox as your browser). Note: The first time you log in, establish a password.
Step 1: Configure settings at the institutional level. Go to Metadata (or Licenses)—Manage Collections:
- Click on Settings—Knowledge Base. Select the correct OCLC symbol.
- Activate WorldCat holdings option (if desired):
- Go to Library Holdings—Set holdings in WorldCat.
- Select the "yes" radio button. This will set holdings in WorldCat for all of your collections that are not open access collections.
NOTE: There will be a 7-10 day delay.
- Define MARC record options at the institutional level.
- Go to Library Holdings—Enable MARC Record Delivery.
- Select the "yes" radio button.
- Add customization as desired.
Step 2: Define collections to your WorldCat knowledge base and configure settings at the collection level:
- Build your WorldCat knowledge base.
- If you set holdings in WorldCat at the institution level, verify the setting at the collection level.
- Enable MARC Record Delivery at the collection level.
Step 3: Retrieve MARC records via FTP. Access OCLC usage statistic reports and set up automatic email of reports.
View detailed instructions
- Enable MARC Record Delivery and customize your records
- Retrieve MARC records, access reports, and set up automatic email notification
For help building your WorldCat knowledge base, see:
- Building your WorldCat knowledge base
- WorldCat knowledge base: Collection-level and title-level settings
- Add Demand Driven Acquisitions (DDA) collections
Register for live training on building your WorldCat knowledge base. Visit OCLC's Training Portal:
- Go to the WorldCat knowledge base page.
- Find the Implementation Webinar. Click on the course name and register.
If you do not currently have a cataloging subscription, please contact email@example.com for more information.
6565 Kilgour Place
T: 1-800-848-5878 (USA and Canada only)