About the Global Sharing Program
OCLC created its own GAC, the Global Sharing Program, to foster international resource sharing initiatives. With more than 10,000 libraries around the world using the vast resources of WorldCat, international resource sharing represents an area of great opportunity. The Global Sharing Program makes this process easier while formalizing rules for borrowing beyond state and national boundaries.
The primary requirements for joining the Global Sharing GAC are:
- Payment must be by Fee Management
- Airmail or courier must be used for returnable material
- Electronic delivery must be used for non-returnable material
- The library must lend to all participants within the global group access capability group
- Libraries will need to update their ILL Policies within the OCLC Policies Directory to provide their policies for lending internationally and to include their Ariel or Odyssey IP address or Fax number in the communications field.
How to sign up
Any library wishing to participate in this GAC should complete the online application and agreement form.
WorldShare Interlibrary Loan is available as a stand-alone service or as part of the WorldShare Management Services suite.
21 October 2015
Past and recorded events
27 August 2015
16 August 2015
Sign up for news about OCLC’s interlibrary loan services.
Would you like to subscribe to other OCLC e-mails or provide more information on your profile? Providing more information now will make sure you receive the OCLC news that matters most to you.
A message has been sent to your e-mail address. Please follow the link in that e-mail to the page where you can edit your preferences. This is done to ensure that only you can edit your e-mail preferences.