With WorldShare Circulation, you can:
You will have no software to install, no maintenance and no downloads with WorldShare Circulation. OCLC will handle these functions centrally for all libraries. Your circulation operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smart phone or other device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can complete circulation tasks anywhere—in your library's stacks or beyond your library's walls.
Generate customizable real-time pull lists
Additionally, you can generate customizable real-time pull lists for identifying and selecting items available to fill user requests. Traditional systems deliver this information as a static report, usually generated overnight. A real-time pull list informs each library location immediately that an item available at their current location can be used to fill a request that a user made moments ago. Real-time pull lists are particularly effective for managing closed stacks and for providing "just in time" services.
Intuitive staff interface simplifies routine tasks
Circulation's intuitive staff interface simplifies routine tasks, with one screen managing tasks that previously required shuffling between multiple windows. User interface design and upgrades are, and will continue to be, based on collective insight and feedback from member libraries as well as ongoing usability testing.
WorldShare Circulation is designed to allow simplified interoperability with external systems. For example, it supports the SIP2 standard for interaction with third-party products, including self-check machines. It also will support an increasing number of local environments and third-party business process systems (e.g., financial management and HR systems).
With WorldShare Management Services' unique "group aware" model, you can have integrated circulation among your library group, while allowing for flexibility in circulation and holds policies, access to user records, notification and billing options and collections of payments.
Individual library management
- Each library has a separate user file.
- Different hold policies/priorities can be set by user type.
- Each library can define its own circulation and loan policies.
- All user bills will show to all libraries, but each library can control which accepts payments or waives its bills. Any library will be able to create a bill for any user, and the bill will be associated with the creating library.
- Users can be limited to picking up items only at their home libraries.
- Notice configuration is controlled by individual libraries.
- Libraries can create hold policies to favor users of the owning library.
- Members can circulate items to each others' users. Owning libraries' circulation policies apply, including limits on the number of items checked out.
- There is a single hold queue across all libraries.
- Bibliographic record searching can be scoped to local, group or global holdings.
- A member of the group can see information about users of any other member of the group, but it can only edit the user records for its own users.
WorldShare Circulation is available as part of the WorldShare Management Services suite.
The are no upcoming events scheduled for WorldShare Management Services.
Sign up for news and updates on the first truly cooperative, Webscale management service for libraries.
Would you like to subscribe to other OCLC e-mails or provide more information on your profile? Providing more information now will make sure you receive the OCLC news that matters most to you.
A message has been sent to your e-mail address. Please follow the link in that e-mail to the page where you can edit your preferences. This is done to ensure that only you can edit your e-mail preferences.