Locating Your Library's Unique URL
Tip of the Week September 12, 2013
Tip of the Week: September 12, 2013
When you set up OCLC Services user accounts to access WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, you received a unique URL in the format https://[libraryID].share.worldcat.org/wms for your library’s access to the service. Part of your setup process included bookmarking this unique URL for future logons.
Bookmarking your library’s unique URL
Remember to bookmark your library’s unique URL from the first WorldShare ILL screen you see AFTER you logon to the service. It is important that you do not bookmark the logon screen.
How to recover lost URLs
Occasionally, we hear from ILL staff who cannot locate their library’s unique WorldShare ILL URL. If this happens to you, here are two ways to find your library’s URL:
1. Return to the My Account page at https://share.worldcat.org/myaccount/. Under I have an OCLC Services account, click the WorldShare Interlibrary Loan button. On the Welcome screen, enter your symbol and click Continue. This will take you to your custom Web page.
2. Logon to OCLC Service Configuration and access the My WorldCat.org section of the site.
- Select User interface Options.
- You will see Your WorldCat.org URL displayed on the screen in the format.http://[library ID].worldcat.org.
- Using the library ID from your WorldCat.org URL, create your WorldShare ILL URL in the format: https://[library ID].share.worldcat.org/wms.
LEARN MORE in the training video, “How to Find a Forgotten Custom Web Address.” Watch the video.