Set up new OCLC Services user accounts NOW to access the new service
Tip of the Week August 15, 2013
WorldShare ILL Tip of the Week: Set up new OCLC Services user accounts NOW to access the new service
OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan dates to remember:
- New requests cannot be initiated in WorldCat Resource Sharing after November 25, 2013.
- Access to WorldCat Resource Sharing ends January 3, 2014.
Whether you plan to transition from WorldCat Resource Sharing to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan gradually over the next few months or go “cold turkey” and move all at once,
your first step toward using the new service is to set up a new OCLC Services user account.
OCLC Services accounts are individual accounts that provide access to several services on OCLC’s WorldShare platform. In the future, you will be able to access multiple
services through the same account, as additional OCLC services transition to the new user account system.
TO SET UP YOUR NEW ACCOUNT:
1. Locate the 9-digit authorization and password you use to logon to WorldCat Resource Sharing.
2. Visit “Getting Started with WorldShare Interlibrary Loan” on the WorldShare ILL website and follow the instructions provided.
3. Consult support resources about new account creation:
- Tutorial: Create Your WorldShare ILL Account
- Recording of a July 25, 2013 webinar about creating OCLC Services user accounts
- Frequently Asked Questions about setup and management of user accounts
- WorldShare ILL support and training page: Getting Started documentation
Contact OCLC Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for assistance with your library’s user account setup.
NOTE: If you use WorldShare Management Services, WorldShare Collection Manager or WorldShare License Manager, you may have already created an OCLC Services account.
You will now need to add the new WorldShare ILL permissions to that existing account instead of creating a separate new account. For assistance, please contact OCLC support.