Lender Basics in WorldCat Resource Sharing
This tutorial shows how to respond to a borrowing library's request.
Covers: In addition to a Yes response, it includes Reasons for No, Conditional, and Future Date as well as how to complete a loan request when the item is returned.
How to use this tutorial
OCLC's tutorials are a useful tool for understanding the functionality our products. They can help you learn a new service, teach a new staff member how to use a service, and can also prepare you with basic knowledge about a service prior to taking one of our instructor-led courses.
System requirements for Web-based tutorials:
- Windows Media Player
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7 - 9 for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7; IE10 for the Desktop and for the Metro versions of Windows 8
- Firefox 4.0 or higher
- Google Chrome is not supported.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled.
- Small fonts are required.
- Macintosh® computers and Unix® operating systems are not supported for these tutorials.