OCLC EZproxy: An Overview
This overview explains what EZproxy is and what it does. It shows a high-level of how EZproxy connects remote & local users to a library’s Web server. It also has detailed diagrams of how the EZproxy connects remote users as well as users inside your firewall.
How to use this tutorial
OCLC's tutorials are a useful tool for understanding the functionality our products. They can help you learn a new service, teach a new staff member how to use a service, and can also prepare you with basic knowledge about a service prior to taking one of our instructor-led courses.
System requirements for Flash-based tutorials:
- Adobe Flash Player version 10 or higher.
- Best viewed in 1024x768 screen resolution or higher.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7 - 9 for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- IE10 for the Desktop for Windows 8; not supported on Windows 8 Metro version
- Firefox 31 or later
- Google Chrome
- 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
- For other browsers, check the list of system requirements on the Adobe Web site.