Transitioning to WorldCat® Discovery if you have FirstSearch, Cataloging and Interlibrary Loan
If your library has FirstSearch® service, OCLC® Cataloging Subscription, and interlibrary loan (WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan service or ILLiad® resource sharing management software ), this learning path will guide you step-by-step through the process of transitioning to WorldCat® Discovery Services.
Step 1: Register for migration.
Step 2: Attend the WorldCat® Discovery Services courses Searching and Configuration (or view the recordings).
Step 3: These videos offer a brief step-by-step guide to each topic:
- Search in WorldCat Discovery
- Filter Search Results in WorldCat Discovery
- Interpret the Item Details in WorldCat Discovery
- Share Item from Search Results in WorldCat Discovery
- Manage Your Library’s IP Addresses
- Customize Your ILL Request Button
- Create a Staff Account for WorldCat Discovery Services
- Use Staff Features in WorldCat Discovery
- Configuring Links to Your Library's Online Catalog