WorldShare® Record Manager
OCLC is pleased to offer a variety of WorldShare® Metadata Record Manager training, in both instructor-led and tutorial formats. As part of our commitment to controlling costs and providing value for our members, this training is offered for free to users of the service.
PLEASE NOTE: Record Manager is currently in limited release. Current cataloging subscribers will be notified when it is available for use. In the meantime, visit our Connexion browser, Connexion client or CatExpress training pages for access to free training resources on those services.
- WorldShare Record Manager: Start Here
- Creating and Editing Local Holdings Records
- Searching WorldCat in WorldShare Record Manager
- Editing Bibliographic Data in WorldShare Record Manager
- Policies for Adding Original Records to WorldCat
- Policies for Replacing WorldCat Records
- Record Manager Post-Release Update session
- Introduction to WorldCat, MARC, and OCLC Cataloging Interfaces
- Create Your WorldShare Metadata Account
- Introduction to Record Manager
- Basic Searching
- Advanced Searching
- Editing Bibliographic data in Record Manager
- Editing Local Holding Records in Record Manager
- Local Bibliographic Data in Record Manager
- Original Cataloging in Record Manager
- Control Headings in Record Manager
- MARC Bibliographic Basics
17 December 2014
This instructor-led online course will help learners gain a working knowledge of the rules and procedures for editing and replacing master records in WorldCat.
18 December 2014
This instructor-led online course explains OCLC standards for original bibliographic records in WorldCat.
12 January 2015
This instructor-led online session explores the similarities and differences between Connexion browser and WorldShare Record Manager, as well as explains the Connexion to Record Manager migration plan.
14 January 2015
This instructor-led online course will enable the learner to successfully perform basic, advanced and expert searches in WorldCat®.
15 January 2015
This instructor-led online course covers how to use Record Manager to edit existing WorldCat records, create original WorldCat records, export bibliographic records, and maintain holdings.