WorldCat Knowledge Base
OCLC is pleased to offer Knowledge Base training in both instructor-led and tutorial formats. As part of our commitment to controlling costs and providing value for our members, this training is offered for free to users of the service.
Are you new to the WorldCat knowledge base? Looking to start a knowledge base project?
View our project-based learning path to be on your way to using the knowledge base in your library!
Recorded training courses
WorldCat knowledge base office hours
This regular, free web session is designed to help you take action on the information you've learned through the video instruction. Sign on to this session, and our friendly OCLC implementation staff will help you get your knowledge base set up and answer any questions you might have specific to your library's implementation of the knowledge base.
**Time: Tuesdays, 12noon - 1:30pm Eastern Time (9am-10:30 Pacific Time)
**To visit the clinic, click here during the hours listed above.
Can't find what you're looking for? Have an idea for training? Let us know!
Build WorldCat Knowledge Base
- Search the Knowledge Base Using the WorldShare Interface
- Using Pubget to Add Your Collections
- Select and Modify Your Collections Using the WorldShare Interface
- Modify Your Collections Using File Download
- Create Standard Collections Using the WorldShare Interface
- Create Standard Collections Using File Upload
- MARC Record Delivery at the Institution Level for Standard Collections
- MARC Record Delivery at the Standard Collection Level
- Retrieve Your MARC Records
- Understand the MARC Records for Your Standard Collections
- Access Your Reports for MARC Record Delivery
- Add a WorldCat Query Collection
- Understand the MARC Records for Your WorldCat Query Collection
- MARC Record Delivery for WorldCat Query and WorldCat Holdings
- Customize WorldCat Update Options for Update Records
- Understand the MARC Records for Your Update Records
- Customize Record Delivery Options for Output of MARC Records