The first three modules in our Connexion Client series are specifically designed to enable you to get started with copy cataloging. The skills you learn in these three classes will help you quickly get up to speed on using WorldCat for your copy cataloging.We recommend that you take all three in order.
- Connexion Client Module 1 - WorldCat, MARC, and Client Basics
- Connexion Client Module 2 - Basic Bibliographic Searching
- Connexion Client Module 3 - Basic Editing and Record Processing
- Connexion Client Module 4 - Save Files, File Management, and Batch Processing
- Connexion Client Module 5 - Automation and Customization
- Connexion Client Module 6 - Editing Master Records
- Connexion Client Module 7 - Advanced Bibliographic Searching
- Connexion Client Module 8 - Original Cataloging
- Connexion Client Module 9 - Authority Control
01 June 2016
This online module provides basic information about the WorldCat bibliographic database and the MARC record format.
02 June 2016
This online module provides instruction on performing basic bibliographic searches using OCLC’s Connexion client cataloging software.
07 June 2016
This online course provides instruction on working with MARC bibliographic records in Connexion Client, including using MARC field help, editing MARC records, updating holdings, and exporting MARC records.
08 June 2016
This online module provides instruction on using Connexion client to perform high volumes of searches and record actions using the efficiency of batch processing, including the use and management of Save Files.
09 June 2016
This online module covers the use of Connexion Client’s tools for automation and customization.
15 June 2016
This online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Client to take quality control actions on records in the WorldCat database.
16 June 2016
This online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion client to conduct advanced searches of the WorldCat database.
21 June 2016
This live online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Client to create original records to add to the WorldCat database.
23 June 2016
This live online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Client to perform authority control work within bibliographic records.