Classification Web (MCLS)
Classification Web is a product that enables anyone with access to the web to browse and search the full text of the LC Classification schedules!
Attending Classification Web (Class Web for short) workshop, you will learn how to:
- Access to the most up-to-date version of the LC Classification database.
- Page through a classification schedule or search the schedules by captions, index terms, or even keywords.
- Use enhanced browser feature to combine table and schedule data and display fully calculated numbers together with their corresponding captions.
- Browse schedules at any level of the hierarchy from the most general to the most specific.
- Write and save your own notes using the notes function and hot links at any location in any of the classification schedules.
- Find correspondences between subject headings and classification numbers or vice-versa, as reflected in bibliographic records.
- Search the database of Library of Congress subject authority records.
This class will be online for 3 - 2 hr sessions over 3 consecutive days using WebEx online workshop software. You will receive additional instructions on how to attend this session after registering for this class. Pricing listed above is per person. If you are interested in having multiple staff members attend an online workshop at a single location (e.g. a conference room), we are now offering a group rate of $249 for MCLS members and $349 for non-MCLS members. This rate will give you a single login that you will be able to use to login to one computer station. If you would like to register a group for an online workshop, please contact Heather Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Restrictions apply. Group pricing is not available for MCLS special programs. You can only purchase a group rate for employees of your institution (those who are not employees of your institution are not eligible to attend).
There are currently no classes scheduled for this course.