Classification Web (MCLS)
Classification Web is a product that enables anyone with access to the web to browse and search the full text of the LC classification schedules!
Attending Classification Web (Class Web for short) workshop, you will learn how to:
- Access to the most up-to-date version of the LC classification database.
- Page through a classification schedule or search the schedules by captions, index terms, or even keywords.
- Use enhanced browser feature to combine table and schedule data and display fully calculated numbers together with their corresponding captions.
- Browse schedules at any level of the hierarchy from the most general to the most specific.
- Write and save your own notes using the notes function and hot links at any location in any of the classification schedules.
- Find correspondences between subject headings and classification numbers or vice-versa, as reflected in bibliographic records.
- Search the database of Library of Congress subject authority records.
This workshop has been approved for 6 Technology Library Education Units (LEUs)
This class will be online for 3 - 2 hr sessions over 3 consecutive days using WebEx.
Can't find a date available? Request a Course Offering
$99 (MCLS members)
$199 (Non-MCLS members)
Group viewing rates*
$249 (MCLS members)
$349 (Non-MCLS members)
*To register groups, contact the Training department at email@example.com, do not register online.
6.0 Hours (3 days / 2-hour sessions per day)
Cataloging and Metadata