Record Manager Frequently Asked Questions
Show all answersHide all answers / Print
How do I print labels in Record Manager?
Currently Record Manager does not support the printing of labels. Labels need to be printed with another application.
Working with Records
How do I export records in Record Manager?
You can export MARC 21 records. For more information, see the online help.
Can I save a record for later use?
You can save in-progress records in the online save file. For more information, see the online help.
Working with WorldCat Holdings
Why didn't Record Manager automatically set a WorldCat holding when I added my record?
When you add a new record in Record Manager, you must click Save, then select Add New Record/Set WorldCat Holding. If you select Add New Record instead, a WorldCat holding is not set.
After I set a WorldCat holding in Record Manager, when can it be viewed on WorldCat.org?
- If you use Record Manager to add a new (original) record to WorldCat, the holdings are immediately available in Connexion, FirstSearch and WorldCat.org.
- If you use Record Manager to add an existing record to WorldCat, the holdings are available to view at different times for the various OCLC applications:
- Connexion — immediately available
- FirstSearch — available within 24 hours
- WorldCat.org or WorldCat Local — available anywhere from 24 hours to a week later
What browser should I use with the Record Manager USC?
Use one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0
- Mozilla Firefox®