OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan
OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan was updated August 22, 2015. Many enhancements have been made, including the ability to use custom holdings paths with book-club lender strings, user interface improvements to make navigating easier, and improved WorldShare ILL-Circulation integration improvements. For more details see the August Release Notes.
Before you begin...
Learn how to prepare for your use of WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
Step 1: Add WorldShare ILL permissions
If you already use WMS, WorldShare Collection Manager, or WorldShare License Manager, you have an existing OCLC Services account that gives you access to several services in the new platform. Before you log on to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan for the first time, you will need to work with someone at your institution who has administrative rights to add WorldShare ILL permissions to your account. If you need assistance, please contact OCLC support, and we can help you add the authorization.
The OCLC Services account also offers self-management of your staff members’ passwords. OCLC does not have access to your password for security reasons. If you forget your password, you may click Reset Password at the bottom of the logon page.
If you have a 9-digit ILL authorization number and password but do not have an OCLC Services account in the Worldshare platform, click here to create your account: Set up your new OCLC Services user account.
If you have neither a 9-digit ILL authorization number and password nor an OCLC Services account in the Worldshare platform, please contact OCLC support.
An ILL subscription is required to access WorldShare Interlibrary Loan. If you do not currently have an ILL subscription, please contact email@example.com.
Step 2: Get Training
See all WorldShare ILL training.
WorldShare ILL tutorials:
- Create Your WorldShare ILL Account
- Manage and Create User Names in WorldShare ILL
- Creating and Editing Constant Data
- Preparing for Variable Lender Aging in WorldShare ILL
Additional Account Management videos
- Search for, Edit and Disable OCLC Service Accounts
- How to Find a Forgotten Custom Web Address
- How to Replace a Forgotten Password
- How to Manage accounts for Multiple OCLC Symbols
- WorldShare ILL Authorization in WMS
Services for Borrowers and Lenders
- How to Create a Loan Request
- How to Create a Copy Request
- Using IFM as a Borrower
- Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths
- Receiving Requests
- Renewing Requests
- Responding to Conditionals
- Returning Requests
- New for Review Requests
- Batch Processing Requests
- Purchase Requests
- Open Access Fulfillment
Exceptions when Borrowing
- Item Lost in Transit
- Item Lost at the Borrowing Library
- Item Overdue
- Item Recalled
- Request Unfilled
- Request Expired
WorldShare Circulation Integration
- Configuring: WorldShare ILL and WorldShare Circulation Integration (password required)
- Batch Processing as a Lender
- Respond Yes to a Loan Request
- Respond Yes to a Copy Request
- Using IFM as a Lender
- Respond No to a Request
- Respond Conditional to a Request
- Respond to a Renewal Request
- Complete and Check-in a Loan request
- Change Request Type
- Open Access Fulfillment
- Set Days to Respond in Policies Directory
Exceptions when Lending
Step 3: Get documentation
See the documentation page for valuable resources, now available in several languages.
Administrative settings for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, such as constant data and custom holdings, are maintained in OCLC Service Configuration. Please check your settings under the WorldShare ILL module.
Configure your constant data records
Constant data is a time-saving tool for both borrowers and lenders. With it, you can create data records for your library that can be used to simplify and streamline data entry on interlibrary loan requests and workforms.
- Documentation: OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan: Constant Data.
Set custom holdings paths and groups
For effective borrowing, set custom holdings paths and groups quickly, to automatically identify potential lenders and route requests based on your library’s preferred lenders.
- Training session: Custom Holdings on WorldShare ILL
- Tutorial: Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths in WorldShare ILL
Need assistance for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan?
03 December 2015
Recent WorldShare ILL news
Latest Resource Sharing and Delivery news