OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan support
OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan is a new service that will replace WorldCat Resource Sharing, as part of libraries' existing subscriptions. The service centralizes workflows now managed in multiple systems, and will provide new functionality that speeds fulfillment of interlibrary loan requests and saves time for library staff and library users.
Before you begin...
Learn how to prepare for your use of WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
See all WorldShare ILL training.
WorldShare ILL tutorials:
- WorldShare ILL Migration Overview
- WorldShare ILL Preview
- Create Your WorldShare ILL Account
- Manage and Create User Names in WorldShare ILL
- Creating and Editing Constant Data
- Update Constant Data for WorldShare ILL in the WorldCat Services Administrative Module
- Preparing for Variable Lender Aging in WorldShare ILL
Additional Account Management videos
- How to Create a Loan Request
- How to Create a Copy Request
- Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths
- Receiving Requests
- Renewing Requests
- Responding to Conditionals
- Returning Requests
- New for Review Requests
- Batch Processing Requests
- Purchase Requests
- Open Access Fulfillment
Exceptions when Borrowing
- Batch Processing as a Lender
- Respond Yes to a Loan Request
- Respond Yes to a Copy Request
- Respond No to a Request
- Respond Conditional to a Request
- Respond to a Renewal Request
- Complete and Check-in a Loan request
- Category Deflection in OCLC Policies Directory
- Item Level Deflection in Local Holdings Record
- Change Request Type
- Open Access Fulfillment
Exceptions when Lending
See the documentation page for valuable resources, now available in several languages.
Administrative settings for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, such as constant data and custom holdings, are maintained in OCLC Service Configuration. Please check your settings under the WorldShare ILL module.
Configure your constant data records
Constant data is a time-saving tool for both borrowers and lenders. With it, you can create data records for your library that can be used to simplify and streamline data entry on interlibrary loan requests and workforms.
- Further information about constant data can be found here.
- Documentation: OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan: Constant Data.
Set custom holdings paths and groups
For effective borrowing, set custom holdings paths and groups quickly, to automatically identify potential lenders and route requests based on your library’s preferred lenders.
- Training session: Custom Holdings on WorldShare ILL
- Tutorial: Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths in WorldShare ILL
Need assistance for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan?
Latest Resource Sharing and Delivery news