In February 2006, OCLC, in partnership with TCR (The Combined Regions), launched a hosted, web-based, national interlending service– UnityUK. Since 2006, OCLC has continuously developed the service to meet evolving technological and user demands.
UnityUK is powered by VDX, a standards-compliant interlibrary loan and document request management system. UnityUK enables users to:
- Search multiple library catalogues simultaneously
- View the bibliographic and location details of any items retrieved
- Place a request for an item
- Manage the request through its lifecycle, from request to receipt to return
- Manage incoming requests from other UnityUK libraries
- Manage ILL charges using IFM
- Run statistical and other reports
- Send email alerts to requesters when requests meet stated criteria
Join the Discussion
UnityUK offers a members' Web site providing:
- A documentation and videos section to find or share useful training materials and manuals
- Development News
- And much more
A UnityUK User Group has been established, with face to face and online meetings providing an opportunity for users to::
- Network with ILL professionals from other organisations
- Share experiences and best practices
- Provide valuable feedback on current usage and issues
- Learn about service updates and new releases
- Influence service development and direction
- Meet members of the OCLC UnityUK team
UnityUK Upgrade in progress
We are currently upgrading the UnityUK system.
It will be unavailable from the afternoon of 8th December and we anticipate the service being restored during Wednesday 10th December following in house testing.
Need more in-depth training?
Get information about training opportunities or workshops.