To access the UnityUK Members' Area you will need a username and password NOTE: this is not the same password that you use to login to the UnityUK system.
If you do not already a username and password please contact the UK Support Desk and we will get one set up for you.
If you have any questions or concerns about this news please contact the UK Support Desk . Also let us know if you have any comments or feedback about the contents or navigation on the new Members’ Area site.
In February 2006, OCLC, in partnership with TCR (The Combined Regions), launched a hosted, web-based, national interlending service– UnityUK. Since 2006, OCLC has continuously developed the service to meet evolving technological and user demands.
UnityUK is powered by VDX, a standards-compliant interlibrary loan and document request management system. UnityUK enables users to:
- Search multiple library catalogues simultaneously
- View the bibliographic and location details of any items retrieved
- Place a request for an item
- Manage the request through its lifecycle, from request to receipt to return
- Manage incoming requests from other UnityUK libraries
- Manage ILL charges using IFM
- Run statistical and other reports
- Send email alerts to requesters when requests meet stated criteria
Join the Discussion
UnityUK offers a members' Web site providing:
- A documentation and videos section to find or share useful training materials and manuals
- Development News
- And much more
A UnityUK User Group has been established, with face to face and online meetings providing an opportunity for users to:
- Network with ILL professionals from other organisations
- Share experiences and best practices
- Provide valuable feedback on current usage and issues
- Learn about service updates and new releases
- Influence service development and direction
- Meet members of the OCLC UnityUK team