OCLC Local Holdings Maintenance Tutorials
The series of Local Holdings Maintenance tutorials covers the basics and will help you get started. Begin with the first tutorial in the list and then select the rest in the order of your choice.
System requirements for these tutorials are below. Run times are approximations. The amount of time needed to complete a tutorial will vary with each individual.
WorldShare® Record Manager tutorials
Connexion® browser tutorials
Describes the various screens and features you'll use for local holdings maintenance.
Run time: 30 min.
- Search WorldCat for local holdings records
Covers what is unique to the search for local holdings. Shows how to search for institution and group local holdings. Run time: 15 min.
- Maintain local holdings records
Shows how to edit and update existing local holdings records. Run time: 25 min.
- Create local holdings records
Covers how to create a new local holdings record as well as derive one from an existing local holdings record. Also covers how to create and use Constant Data (CD) records. Run time: 15 min.
- Constant data
Explains how to create, apply, and maintain local holdings constant data. Also covers how to apply constant data "on the fly" as well as how to use default constant data.
Run time: 33 min.
- Agent activity
Covers workflow for agents only. Shows what actions an agent would perform.
Run time: 22 min.
- Macromedia Flash Player.
- Best viewed in 1024x768 screen resolution.
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher.
- Netscape® 7.x or higher.
- For other browsers, check the list of system requirements on the Macromedia Web site at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/productinfo/systemreqs/